Pages

To Order Items:

To order items, contact Sandy at southernsandy1@gmail.com.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Pinewood Derby Awards & Wet Application

Lots of stuff going on lately.  I had another Cub Scout project.  It was time for our yearly Pinewood Derby and I made the chargers/plates again for the "Best of" categories.  I scored some great NEON yellow vinyl which rocked on the black chargers. It's Oracel 651 instead of the usual 631 I have used before.  I got completely frustrated with the application.  I had soooo many bubbles and I tried 5 times and it was a mess every.single.time.  Finally, I posted a question on a crafting blog and someone recommended using the "wet application" method.  From what I can tell, it's basically how vendors that install on cars and trailers do it.  It worked like a dream!  I was so surprised.  You just need a squeegee and a spray bottle with water and a few drops of dish soap.  A spritz on the application surface and the exposed adhesive of your design are all it took.  Best of all...NO bubbles!  I just can't give out items that don't look as good as I can make them.  I will definitely using that application method again!

No comments:

Post a Comment